Saturday, August 13, 2005

The Sight by David Clement-Davies


The Sight: Under a mythical place, two wolves are born with a magical gift called the Sight. Another wolf with the Sight, Morgra, is chasing them, seeking justice for a mistaken crime. She curses the pack, and one by one they are killed until there are four left. Larka, one of the cubs, runs away because she hopes that by leaving the pack that the curse will stop. She finds a human baby that is marked and steals it so Morgra won't find him. She goes to an ancient Roman fortress where Morgra takes the baby so she can become Man and control all the animals. But Larka changes instead and then decides to stay a wolf. Morgra tries to kill the human and Larka fights back. Suddenly there is an earthquake and both the wolves are hurled down to their deaths.

I thought Clement-Davies did a very good job on the Sight. At first I was mad that he killed Larka but then started to admire her. There is a scene where she uses the Sight to look into the future and sees her death, and then gos and saves everybody anyways. What a heroine. Also see Clement -Davies' other book, Fire Bringer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this book it is so exelant i am using it for my book report. i think khaz and larka should be mates :)

Anonymous said...

I loved this book and I am also using it for one of my school reports. I was completley mesmerized by it and I felt like I was in a different world as I was reading it. I could not put it down, and I say five stars for this book.

Maria Creznic

Anonymous said...

This Book was amazing! I had heaps of fun reading it as it was full of adventures and mystery. I used this book for a report as it was sooo cool and Interesting!.... keep up the good work David Clement-Davies...... :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this book. i have read it three times now just because it's so good. i was on the edge of my seat each time i read this it.

Anonymous said...

anthony youre insane

...I just think of these things, and then I don't feel so bad!

  • Barnes and Noble (and books in general)
  • birthday parties
  • friends
  • fun words (like effervescent and uber)
  • knitting
  • learning languages
  • RUF
  • Scrabble...and other word games
  • skiing
  • sleep-overs
  • swimming
  • tea
  • traveling (not the car part, so much!)
  • weddings
  • writing fantasy stories