Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Rainbow Fairy Books by Andrew Lang

I am a fan of fairy tales. Andrew Lang put magical stories from all over the world in about ten books, with names containing all the diffrent shades of red and puple you can get. Most stories are good like Beauty and the Beast (in the Red Book), and others are bad, like the Headless Dwarves (Violet). A major theme in the stories is that youngest daughters are always more beautiful and that youngest sons are smartest, and that if you help some one it will help a lot. I highly reccommend them.

I like fantasy, if anyone hasn't noticed. Some stories I think are pathetic (really-frogs? how did that get in there?), but I really like the dragons. They're are evil dragons, not Dragon Tales creatures.
Thank you, Kelly MacIntire for introducing us to the Books!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Ruthie - I really like reading your blog. I'm so glad you were able to find those books at the library.

So why do you think you like fantasy so much? I know that I generally find it difficult to allow myself to accept the fantasy world, so I usually don't get much out of fantasy books. (Except for Lewis', but then again, he's a genius.)
Can't wait for the next installment!

...I just think of these things, and then I don't feel so bad!

  • Barnes and Noble (and books in general)
  • birthday parties
  • friends
  • fun words (like effervescent and uber)
  • knitting
  • learning languages
  • RUF
  • Scrabble...and other word games
  • skiing
  • sleep-overs
  • swimming
  • tea
  • traveling (not the car part, so much!)
  • weddings
  • writing fantasy stories