Friday, February 17, 2006

The Telling Pool by David Clement-Davies

The Telling Pool: Rhodri Falcon lives in the time of Richard the Lionheart. He is told his fortune by a fake fortune teller who is really a witch. Rhodri's father goes on a crusade to Jerusalem. When he comes back, something is wrong. With the help of the Telling Pool, Rhodri figures out what's happened and goes to help.

I...didn't like this book as much as Clement Davies other two. It was creepy. Tantallan was my favorite character, most of the time. I think he's Merlin. I think a lot of the characters are from King Arthur stories. I enjoyed guessing about them. I also liked the parts when they're flying the falcons, though Rhodri loses Melanor too many times.

No comments:

...I just think of these things, and then I don't feel so bad!

  • Barnes and Noble (and books in general)
  • birthday parties
  • friends
  • fun words (like effervescent and uber)
  • knitting
  • learning languages
  • RUF
  • Scrabble...and other word games
  • skiing
  • sleep-overs
  • swimming
  • tea
  • traveling (not the car part, so much!)
  • weddings
  • writing fantasy stories