Saturday, July 21, 2007

Germany and the Czech Republic

For those who don't know, I went up the Elbe River on a cruise boat in June. We went from Prague up to Berlin.
I really don't know where my favorite places were, but I've tried for top three, in no particular order:
1)Worlitz Park, Worlitz, GER. Worlitz is a town an hour's drive from Berlin. There is a huge man-made canal/lagoon system, and they have gondola tours. Amazingly beautiful.
2)Berlin, GER. Huge gray stone buildings, cathedrals, a ten-story department store from Paris, the Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, wienerschitzel...la!
3)Prague, CZ. The City of a Hundred Spires. Walked on the Charles Bridge and through the town, though regrettably- as far as I can remember- no churches. There is a water mark on most of the houses, about four feet high- the city is regularly flooded by the Vltava

I loved meeting the people, seeing the sights, snapping pictures like mad, and trying the food. We also got to try our hand at foreign shopping- all my luggage got lost on the way to Prague! So now I have a collection of foreign shirts, though interesting, they are still MADE IN CHINA.
Thanks and Hooray to everyone, whoever you are!

No comments:

...I just think of these things, and then I don't feel so bad!

  • Barnes and Noble (and books in general)
  • birthday parties
  • friends
  • fun words (like effervescent and uber)
  • knitting
  • learning languages
  • RUF
  • Scrabble...and other word games
  • skiing
  • sleep-overs
  • swimming
  • tea
  • traveling (not the car part, so much!)
  • weddings
  • writing fantasy stories