Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

When Anne Shirley comes to them by mistake, Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert of Green Gables in Avonlea are hesitant to keep her. However, Anne soon charms everyone she meets with her imagination, vocabulary, and enjoyment of everything. Despite tragedy and misunderstandings, Anne grows from a dreamy girl into a beautiful, loving woman.

Hooray! I've read it, and liked it much better than the Children's Abridged version. I might have said this in my last post, but Anne reminds me a lot of myself. I think we'd be kindred spirits, and it's much more fun to read a book if you could be reading about yourself. Though Anne's grudge toward Gilbert seems contrary to the rest of the book. She's very forgiving the rest of the time.
Some classics are only 'classics' because they're old and written by people who wrote other old and likewise boring stuff. Anne of Green Gables is neither old nor boring. In other words, Read this book!

Indeed, Krammy- cnict is kkkk-nickt, with an almost nonexistant T.

No comments:

...I just think of these things, and then I don't feel so bad!

  • Barnes and Noble (and books in general)
  • birthday parties
  • friends
  • fun words (like effervescent and uber)
  • knitting
  • learning languages
  • RUF
  • Scrabble...and other word games
  • skiing
  • sleep-overs
  • swimming
  • tea
  • traveling (not the car part, so much!)
  • weddings
  • writing fantasy stories