Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Before Green Gables by Budge Wilson

My grandmother gave me this book when she was here last weekend. Upon looking at it, I realized that I had never read the real Green Gables. I read this book and plan to read the others soon.

Before Green Gables: When Anne Shirley's parents die within a week of each other from consumption, Anne is sent to foster home after foster home, eventually ending up in an orphanage. What keeps her going is her imagination: friends like Violetta and Katie Maurice, words such as exquisite and absolutely, and her unfailing belief that one day some one will love her.

Very good. As a person with red hair and freckles, I had fun reading about Anne, but I can't imagine having such a life. It says something about you, that your imagination and love survived during hard times with everyone hating you. I wish I were like that.

School's out!
Already I don't know what to do: there's just so much time.

2 comments:

Becky Myers said...

Red hair and freckles rock.

OneoftheServens said...

let's take over! You, me, Spears, and Kelly Mac. (evil laugh)

...I just think of these things, and then I don't feel so bad!

  • Barnes and Noble (and books in general)
  • birthday parties
  • friends
  • fun words (like effervescent and uber)
  • knitting
  • learning languages
  • RUF
  • Scrabble...and other word games
  • skiing
  • sleep-overs
  • swimming
  • tea
  • traveling (not the car part, so much!)
  • weddings
  • writing fantasy stories