Tuesday, March 15, 2005

HAMINHA!!!

Finally! We're at Haminha. We got here Sunday around 5:30. After dinner we went into the library and downstairs to talk and read and watch TV(cable!). We went to bed around 10:00. On Monday, I had roasty toasty buttery bread with wonderful homeade honey...mmm.... Around 9:00, I went to the nursinghome. There I ran errands, visited staff, read, composed poetry on a typewriter, shredded , and ate my dessert before I finished all my lunch. Coming back to Haminha, I spent about an hour reading and then flew a kite for about an hour, took a break then flew the kite again. Once I was done, I bet I'd walked and ran about 2 miles. first you fun up the hill, run arond trying to get into the wind, then get the wind and run down and around the hill, trying to keep the kite up in the air. I went up the hill about 8-10 times. I have a new cousin! Travis James Tlustos was born yesterday. Grammy took pictures of him and he's really pink and cute. Yesterday we had a bonfire and ate s'mores and told stories and burnt marshmellows. then I got into the hot tub instead of taking a shower.
Today we're going to the circus!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I glad you like to come to Haminha, Ruth. Grammy and I like having your whole family come to visit us. Grampy

Anonymous said...

Ruthie, you have to have the absolute coolest parents and grandparents in the entire world. When I grow up, I want to be just like them!

...I just think of these things, and then I don't feel so bad!

  • Barnes and Noble (and books in general)
  • birthday parties
  • friends
  • fun words (like effervescent and uber)
  • knitting
  • learning languages
  • RUF
  • Scrabble...and other word games
  • skiing
  • sleep-overs
  • swimming
  • tea
  • traveling (not the car part, so much!)
  • weddings
  • writing fantasy stories