Saturday, March 12, 2005

more stories!

continued from my previous post:
The queen's only friend at court was a fairy. The fairy's name was Alicia. Alicia was the first to know when the queen had her baby. The king was away on royal business when a royal messenger came with urgent summons back to the palace.
When he got there, the princess was two weeks old. The city was strewn with flawer garlands and ribbons. The streets were filled with bells' ringing and echoed with joyful notes.
The king jumped off his sweat-streaked horse and hurried inside, trying not to run inside (kings never run; they always trip over some brocaded cape or pointy shoes or something. That would be very embarrassing, imagine falling down in front of the people you're ruling).

2 comments:

Della said...

I really enjoy the details of your story. I can imagine the bells and the flower garland. Very colorful in my mind. Keep writing, I can't wait to see what happens to the Princess as she grows up. BLOG AWAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Boy!!!!!! A story about magic and kings and queens and little babies and disgruntled townspeople. I sure hope there is a dragon in this story somewhere. Grampy

...I just think of these things, and then I don't feel so bad!

  • Barnes and Noble (and books in general)
  • birthday parties
  • friends
  • fun words (like effervescent and uber)
  • knitting
  • learning languages
  • RUF
  • Scrabble...and other word games
  • skiing
  • sleep-overs
  • swimming
  • tea
  • traveling (not the car part, so much!)
  • weddings
  • writing fantasy stories